A building is only as solid as its foundations. Likewise, your innovation is as robust as its theoretical underpinnings.
Design is an inherently anti-disciplinary endeavour. Consequently, your foundations should mix and match theoretical frameworks as needed.
The purpose of this exercise is to help you quickly identify the core ingredients of your foundations:
- Create a copy of the foundations map template (use "Duplicate this LdS") and tag it for your project.
- Take 60 seconds to write down 4-7 keywords that capture the essence of your project. Place them in ovals in the middle of the map.
- Add a one sentence definition for each one - remember, the same words mean different things to different people.
- Note the theoretical framework to which this definition refers. Add citations if possible.
- Mark the synergies and tensions between the elements you've placed in your map.